It’s May 1; Good Morning Union

“Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks… for THIS is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Coming from the fourth (and final) number in Buell and my repertoire last Sabbath evening at V2—THIS is the will of God! Rejoice, pray, give thanks—any questions?! It apparently is more important that I maintain a spirit of “rejoicing” than that I actually have everything in my life that might be cause to rejoice. It’s apparently more important that I learn the value of perpetual communion with God than that I get all my prayers answered the way I want. And it’s apparently more important that I cultivate an attitude of thankfulness than I have only things in my life that would cause me to be thankful.

I hate to leave you in my last GMU of the school year with too much of a reality check (but I’m going to anyway!). LIFE AIN’T FAIR! Get used to it!  It will NOT all work out the way I want it to and everything will not go my way. I don’t love God so I get what I want. I love God because He has already given me everything I need—INCLUDING life lessons that keep me from getting self-centered, comfortable in this world, and in control. I pray that He gives each of us whatever it is that will draw us or keep us in close connection with Him. My definition of “wrong” or “bad” might just be His catalyst into something greater than we could ever ask or imagine!

My prayers will be with you all as you enjoy the summer as a break from school (maybe) but NOT a break from building a stronger and more meaningful connection with God. Have a great summer and I look forward to seeing ALL of you (except graduates, SMs and TFs) next August as we begin a new school year together with Him!

Have a great day applying the “will of God” to your whole life,
Pastor Rich
Quote for the day: “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” Terry Schwartz
PS Snow by tonight!!  You gotta love spring in Nebraska this year!