It’s April 1; Good Morning Union

“…but let him who boasts boast about this… for in these I delight.” Jeremiah 9:23-24

How to boast appropriately! My lesson for the day from Jeremiah:

What not to boast about:
1. my wisdom
2. my strength
3. my riches

What TO boast about:
1. That I understand and know God

Now THAT’S kind of a ‘boastful’ statement to make! Sounds a bit like I’m boasting about my theological wisdom! Sounds a bit Pharisaical to me! But, true to God’s word—if it’s important to Him, and this appears to be, then it will be clear in His word, and it is! This is what I found in my verse for this morning that helped me know if I’m boasting about Him or about my great wisdom (see #1 in the first list above!)

What I know about God and am boasting about it is that HE is all about:
1. kindness
2. justice
3. righteousness

I am proud of my God, and willing to boast about what HE says are His greatest qualities. He is, above all things, KIND. He cares about JUSTICE for all, especially the oppressed, and He upholds RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS not mine, as His benchmark for all.

And as a child of this King I want him to be able to boast about me too! That I have connected so closely with Him that He is able to graft HIS KINDNESS into me in a way that is manifest to ALL. That I am understanding His priorities so clearly that HIS JUSTICE and mine parallel as I relate to the oppressed in this world. And that I trust Him so completely that HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS covers me entirely and I appear perfect before God.

I’m going to boast about HIS priorities so He can fill me with all of them and be able to boast about me too!

Have a great day making what’s top priority to God your top priority,
Pastor Rich
Quote for the day: “Do not lose faith. And when you do, cling to hope. And when hope fades, resort to love.” Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. —1 Corinthians 13:13
PS Table Talk tonight in Rees Hall Club Room @ 8. Join your women’s and men’s ministry leaders as the create the environment and opportunity for you to connect together in meaningful fellowship and sharing.