It’s November 16; Good Morning Union

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord this this.” Psalm 107: 1,2

What a great way to finish GMU for Thanksgiving break! Reading my 5 psalms for the day (November 16—Psalms 16, 46, 76, 106, 136) I found thrilling thread woven into the series of songs.

16- “I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
46- “Be still and know that I am God.” Because, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.”
76- “Make a promise to the Lord… bring gifts to Him…” in response to all He had done for them and as a statement of gratitude.
106- “Give thanks…” my verse for today, repeated 4 times in the chapter; and the reason to do so, according to the chapter? Because when I cry out, He hears me and delivers me!
136- “His love endures forever.” Repeated 25 times in the chapter (count them if you don’t believe me!) as a response sung by the worshipers in the temple of David’s day as they remembered the MANY ways God had led them in the past.

My “at this point conclusion” from today’s psalms:
1. Be still- because of His assurance
2. Be confident- because of His presence
3. Be generous- because of His faithfulness
4. Be committed- because of His promises
5. Be thankful- because of His faithfulness

Wow, I guess it’s all about HIM—again– like always! Maybe that’s an even more common thread that I need to daily weave into the tapestry of my life!

Have a wonderful and still, confident, generous, committed and thankful break,
Pastor Rich

Quote for the day: “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

PS Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break (it begins AFTER your last class today!) See you in a week for only 11 more days of class (and then a few minor recall exercises!) GMU will be back on the 26th- and so will you!!