It’s November 14; Good Morning Union

“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name.” Psalm 103:1

I know, this is a psalm from yesterday! But I didn’t find much in today’s 5 songs and yesterday I REALLY wanted to get to 103, but I got hung up on 13 and didn’t want to make it too long! AND I really like psalm 103; I’ve committed it to memory as well so MANY gems have been mined in my meditations on it (mostly while I have been jogging or on the treadmill!) So, deal with it! It’s from yesterday and I’m doing it today! I also just got home from my trip and my body is still not sure if it’s yesterday, today, or tomorrow so I’m going with yesterday and one of its psalms! 

I found 20 things to praise God about in this chapter:
1. He forgives all my sins
2. He heals all my diseases
3. He redeems my life from the pit
4. He crowns me with love and compassion
5. He satisfies my desires with good things
6. He renews my youth like the eagle’s
7. He works righteousness and justice for all those who oppress me (of which I can’t think of any right now but just in case…!)
8. He is compassionate
9. He is gracious
10. He is slow to anger
11. He is abounding in love
12. He does not always accuse
13. He does not harbor His anger forever
14. He does not treat me as my sins deserve
15. He does not repay me according to my iniquities
16. His love is higher than the heavens are above the earth
17. He removes my sins from me as far as the east is from the west (NOT as far as the north is from the south- think about it!)
18. He has a compassion for me like my father’s
19. He knows how I am formed and remembers that I am dust
20. His love is with me AND with ALL those who honor Him

And he ends the chapter just like he started it, “Praise the Lord, O my soul.” I’ll bet I can name plenty of other reasons to praise God if I stopped long enough to give myself a chance. It’s a good exercise in learning how to praise. I’ll bet you could add to my list, and add to your praise quotient too!

Have a great day discovering new ways and reasons to praise God,
Pastor Rich

Quote for the day: “Sin wouldn’t be so attractive if the ‘wages’ were paid immediately.”

PS CVC “prayer meeting” called “Hour of Power” with Pastor Ron @ 7 in the Heritage Room. All are welcome.

PPS @ 8 join Rayshaun and friends for “Laboring Youth for Christ,” a time of Bible study and prayer. This week at Erin Schlenker’s home the address is 4931 Calvert St. Everyone is welcome.