“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one God…” Deuteronomy 6:1
A very famous Hebrew statement of commitment and focused priority today. Two points of commitment and four means of focusing.
1. “The Lord is one God”- that excludes me from being the center of attention and the ultimate focus for life’s choices!
2. “Love Him with all your heart, soul and strength”- it can’t be a partial commitment or I end up with either a confused commitment in life or no commitment at all!
Wouldn’t it be neat if I could just get those two basic commitments clear in life? Here’s how:
1. “Impress them on my children” (or perhaps my roommate, friend, family, sibling…)- teach the concept to someone else and I end up being the one who learns most
2. “Talk about them (when I sit, walk, lie down, or get up)”- verbalizing and expressing my belief strengthens and hones it
3. “Tie them on my hands”- let them effect what I do
4. “Bind them on my forehead”- let them effect what I think
5. “Write them on my door frames and my gates”- let them influence my daily decisions of where I go each day of my life
Have a great last day in classes still taking time to prioritize your life around God with everything you’ve got,