“Let us go to the house of the Lord.” Psalm 122:1
I found four reasons in my song this morning for going to church:
1. “To praise the name of the Lord”
2. “To pray for peace”
3. “To say, ‘Peace be with you.’”
4. “To seek the prosperity of the Lord”
“I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord.” (There is something about finding joy in inviting others to go to church with me) SO THAT
1. I can have the opportunity to praise God. Going to church does not appear to be about what I can get out of it but what I can give back to God as I acknowledge His greatness and offer my praises to Him.
2. I can talk to God about finding a way to demonstrate the love of my God to those around me and pray that it will counteract the evil and corruption, the hatred and hurt that lives without Him inflict on others.
3. I can encourage others with the potential of living life without fear, anxiety, guilt, or hatred, but offer them the peace that only God can give instead
4. I can focus on giving God the credit, acknowledging Him as the source of all good things, and seeking to grasp the greatness of His goodness that He wishes to lavish upon me.
I don’t want to miss that opportunity to rejoice with my friends as we encourage each other to go to church so we can praise, pray, be peace-givers, and prosperity providers! Worship today is brought to you by the letter “P!”
Have a great day preparing to powerfully and prayerfully provide possibilities in the presence of the Paternal Deity!